Follow these steps for ElasticEmail Integration with EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) account:
- Register / sign-up with ElasticEmail account
- Update Account Profile at ElasticEmail account
- Add email sending domain name into ElasticEmail account
- Verify domain name with DKIM, SPF, Tracking and MX records
- Add ElasticEmail account in EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) Delivery Server
- Validate Delivery Server in EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) account
- Add bounce and complaint files to ElasticEmail
- Send a test email campaign with ElasticEmail
- Add Tracking Domain to Your Dashboard
Register / sign-up with ElasticEmail account
Register your new ElasticEmail account from here: https://elasticemail.com/account#/create-account
ElasticEmail gives 25,000 emails free each month, more pricing can be found here- http://elasticemail.com/pricing
During registration, you must select “Marketing” emails. After successful signup, verify your ElasticEmail account.
Update Account Profile at ElasticEmail account
1. You must update your account profile at ElasticEmail before stating to send emails. This can be done from account setting page of ElasticEmail. Click “Update Profile” button, which appears at right side of the screen.
Inside new pop-up, update the name, address, tax id, from where you have collected the email list and finally save done.
Add email sending domain name into ElasticEmail account
2. You can add your email sending domain from “Setting” page of ElasticEmail, which appears at right of the screen: https://elasticemail.com/account#/settings
3. Now click “Domains” tab >> Click “Verify Domain” button.
4. In new popup, fill the domain name and click “Add” button.
Verify domain name with DKIM, SPF, Tracking and MX records
5. After you have added a new email sending domain name, from which you want to send outgoing emails, you need to add SPF, DKIM, Tracking domain and MX records properly, inorder to make this domain work to send outgoing emails.
6. In order to add SPF record to your domain, in your domain’s DNS settings create a TXT record. Enter:
Host/Name: @ (yes you put the @ symbol here under the host or name category)
Value: v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.elasticemail.com ~all
*DNS settings should only have 1 SPF record. If there is an existing SPF record, just add “include:_spf.elasticemail.com” to the existing record. Make sure it is added before any IPs.
7. In order to add DKIM record to your domain name, Create a TXT record. Enter:
Value: Please find the value mentioned here.
8. In order to add tracking domain, Create a CNAME record. Enter:
*Elastic Email system will look for either “tracking” or “email” automatically. If another CNAME is used please contact support to get it validated.
9. Add MX record, this record can be added to your sending domain name, when you add a mailbox to your domain name. Having this MX record to your domain confirms that you can receive and process incoming emails to your domain name.
You can add Google Apps for Business Mailbox or can use your own mailbox from your hosting provider or can use free mailbox service from Yandex.
Detail guide about adding SPF, DKIM and Tracking records to your sending domain name can be found here for EasticEmail.
SPF, DKIM and Tracking records need to be updated on your domain DNS host panel, you can find guide for the same from here.
10. After you are done with above setup, click on “Verify Domain” button which appear on the right side.
11. After verifying the DNS records, add your “FROM” email address along with your sending domain name which is used to send the emails to your subscribers.
After successfully verifying the DNS records and “FROM” email address it looks like below
Add ElasticEmail account in EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) Delivery Server
12. Now you are ready to use the domain name. From EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) Dashboard, go to Delivery Servers > Delivery Servers> Add ElasticEmail Web Api.
On new screen add Name of the delivery server according to your convenience.
13. Add ElasticEmail API key from your setting page of ElasticEmail screen. Then, add “Username” ans ElasticEmail registered email id, “From Email”, “From Name” and finally, save the settings.
Note: From email should be of format, [any name]@[your verified sending domain name]
Validate Delivery Server in EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) account
14. Now you need to validate your server, add an email address, where you can receive validation email. Followed by this, receive the validation email, and click on validation link from the email.
15. Confirm you have validated and activated the server in EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) delivery server dashboard.
Add bounce and complaint files to ElasticEmail
16. This is very important step, where you need to add bounce and complaint notification urls of EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) inside your ElasticEmail account.
17. Open your previously configured ElasticEmail delivery server in your EasySendy Drip (or EasySendy Pro) account.
18. Delivery servers >> Delivery Servers >> Edit the server option(clicking on update option) >> click on “Info” tab from the right corner of the screen.
19. Copy the bounce and complaint URLs, which appears as https://app.easysendy.com/dswh/xxx from the notification panel, which look like:
20. After this uncheck, “Track Clicks”, “Use List-Unsusbcribe” options from Settings >> Sending section and Unsubscribe section of the page. Save these setting from right side of the page.
Note: Sometime, you may face issue while adding notification URL, the update the URL with format http:// ; replacing https://
Add Tracking Domain to Your Dashboard
Note: You need to add and activate your own tracking domain to your EasySendy Dashboard account for good email delivery. Follow this link, to configure your own tracking domain to your EasySendy Dashboard.